If you know, that your mobile device supports the latest android version (Lollipop or Marshmallow 6.0) you can update from Kitkat 4.4.4 to Lollipop 5.1.1 or Marshmallow 6.0 without wifi on mobile data manually.
Requirements to upgrade from 4.4.2 to 5.0/5.1.1 or marshmallowon mobile data without wifi manually:
- Check that you have enough memory on your mobile or tablet to download marshmallow/lollipop,the latest android version.
- Do back up your android personal data and apps using free backup android apks like App Backup and Restore Apk Free Download
- Ensure that you have sufficient mobile data balance, LOL to download the android updates
For this you must follow next easy tips:
1. Tap the “Settings” on your device.or Marshmallow 6.0 without wifi on mobile data manually.
2. By default, Android Kitkat/Lollipop OS would come with enabled “Auto update apps over wifi enabled” option; change it to “Auto update apps at any time.Data charges may apply”.
3. Gently , tap on the “About” / “About device” or “About gadget” option on your tablet.
4. Look for “Software Update” or “System firmware upgrade” option inPhones /tablets
5. Tap “Check updates” or “Check for system updates” to ask kitkat 4.4.4 to search for availale android version updates,if any for your mobile or tablet. If your mobile device supports the latest android version you can see their at this page.
6. Download and install update to Lollipop or Marshmallow 6.0.
The above android version update steps require no rooting of android and wifi.However, mobile data is required