So, let’s have a quick look at it:
1. Approximately 3.2 billion people use the internet. Out of this, 1.7 billion of internet users are Asians. In fact, it is estimated that approximately 200 billion emails and 3 billion Google search would have to wait if the internet goes down for a day.
2. China has treatment camps for internet addicts. 200 million Internet users in China are between the ages of 15 and 35. Hence, it is most like that they lose self-control. Tao Ran, director of the country’s first Internet addiction treatment clinic under a military hospital in Beijing said that 40% of those addicted to the Internet suffer from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
3. 30,000 websites are hacked every day. Highly effective computer software programs are used by cybercriminals to automatically detect vulnerable websites which can be hacked easily.
4. First webcam was created at the University Of Cambridge to monitor the Trojan coffee pot. A live 128×128 grayscale picture of the state of the coffee pot was provided as the video feed.
5. ” Gangnam Style ” by PSY is still the most viewed videos of all time with more than 2,450,000,000 views.
6. Internet sends approximately 204 million emails per minute and 70% of all the mails sent are spam. 2 billion electrons are required to produce a single email.
7. The internet requires 50 Million horsepower to keep running in the current state.
In 2005, broadband internet had a maximum speed of 2 Megabits per second. Today, 100Mbps download speeds are available in many parts of the country. But experts warn that science has reached its limit and fiber optics can take no more data.
8. First tweet was done on 21st March, 2006 by Jack Dorsey and the first YouTube video to be uploaded was “Meet At Zoo” at 8:27 p.m. on Saturday, April 23, 2005 by Jawed Karim.
9. Approximately 9 Million adults in Britain and one-third of Italians have never used the internet. Imagine that! While there are treatment camps for internet addicts in China, a vast population of people has never used it till date.
10. The majority of internet traffic is not generated by humans, but by bots and malware. According to a recent study conducted by Incapsula, 61.5% or nearly two-thirds of all the website traffic is caused by Internet bots.
Stay tuned for more of such interesting facts. Tell us your opinion in the comments below.
Read more »