Your laptop hard disk or desktop hard drive crashed and your technician told you it is going to cost you a bomb to recovery/retrieve all the lost data. Don’t be fooled by his sweat talk, and most important of all, don’t panic! When you are not calm, you’re likely to do something you will regret once the incident is over, just like in a car accident.
Just like you, my hard disk crashed when I was busy rushing for my midterm assignment, I stayed calm, took a deep breath and use a hard drive recovery software to retrieve my damaged hard drive. These software are free of charge, unlike paid hard drive recovery software, these software performed the same task minus the expensive price tag of hundreds of dollars. I’ve compiled a few possible scenarios with the respective solutions:
01 – Recuva Data Disc Recovery (Freeware)
Recuva Freeware is a free hard drive recovery software made available by Piriform, it can efficiently scan and recover data from crashed hard disk data in FAT and NTFS format. Besides standard hard disk file recovery data, Recuva can also.
- Recover data lost by ‘shift – delete’ on FAT partitions
- Recover any data fragments from drive
- Search drive through many criterion
- Searching data directly on HDD, for example scanning free clusters in search for our file
- DownLoad Recuva Data Disc Recovery (Freeware)
02. UNDELETE 360
Undelete 360 is one of the best programs to use for restoring accidentally or unintentionally deleted files from your computer, regardless of storage medium.
Built on a very fast and efficient algorithm, the program will browse, search, and recover files that have been deleted as a result of an accident, a virus, or software and computer failures.
Download UNDELETE 360
03 – PC Inspector File Recovery (Freeware)
PC Inspector file recovery is a hard drive data recovery software, if DDR failed in recovering your hard drive data, do give PC Inspector a try before you pay for a shareware, some of the key features of this free hard drive crash data recovery tool:
- Works even if the boot sector or FAT has been erased
- The free hard disk recovery tool has a user friendly GUI – like the Windows Explorer structure
- Recovers files with the original date and timestamp
- It can find partitions automatically, even if the boot sector or FAT has been erased or damaged.
- It can recover files with the original time and date stamp.
- It can recover files even when the header entry is no longer available.
- It supports a variety of formats, including those created by compressed and archiving programs.
- Download PC Inspector File Recovery (Freeware)
04.Unbootable Laptop Hard Disk Data Recovery (Free DOS Boot Disk)
FindNTFS (http://www.partitionsupport.com/utilities.htm) is effective free hard drive data recovery software to locate and recover NTFS files. It is available in several versions, including one that will run from a DOS boot, and thus can be used when the Windows OS is not bootable.
Read more »