Tethering is a feature in smart phones that allows user to share the internet connection of an Android device with a PC.
You can also use this feature in the opposite way that is called Reverse Tethering that allows user to share the PC’s Internet connection with Android device. You need a wired connection for this method so that you can allow one device to use the internet data of another device.If you have a WiFi modem, then you can do this method wirelessly but other than that you can use a USB cable for reverse tethering.
Reverse Tethering – Share PC’s Internet Connection With Android
- First of all you need to turn on USB debugging on your Android device. To do so, go to Settings, then go to Developer Options and then check the box next to USB Debugging to turn it on.
- Now, download the Android Reverse Tethering Tool from this link and then extract the zip file.
- Open the extracted folder and search for the Android Tool file.
- Open the AndroidTool.exe application and wait for the Android Reverse Tethering 3.19 to start.
- Now connect your Android device with your PC using USB cable and wait for a while for them to connect.
- In the Android Reverse Tethering app, look for the Refresh button.
- Click on the Refresh button and select your device from the menu next to the button.
- Now, click on the Check DNS button below the Refresh button.
- You can use 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 as the DNS which are an open DNS operated by Google.
- Under the Tools tab in the app look for Install hack (optional) option and click on that option to install Hack Connectivity. (Hack Connectivity is a module of Xposed framework that helps in fooling the android device into thinking that it is connected a WiFi and not a tethered connection.)
- Make sure you have a rooted device and it has the Xposed framework app installed on it.
- Then on your Android device click on install/updateNow restart your android device.
- And then, inside the Xposed framework app, check if the Hack Connectivity Service is installed under the modules category.
- Open up the Hack Connectivity Service and click on the WiFi button.
- Now click on the Connect button on your PC inside the Android Reverse Tethering Tool.
- That’s all to it. Now you can surf internet on your android device using the data of your PC.
Once you have followed all the above steps, you will be able to access Internet on your Android device easily.